My First Day in CVAP


It was really a dream-come-true experience for me to be part of the Certified Voice Artist Program (CVAP). I was always fascinated by the testimonials of the pioneer members whenever I browse the different channels where their videos are uploaded. I was amazed how these trainees underscored the great changes in their personalities and principles as they were joining the program. 
Perfect timing!
 Yes, you read it right, folks. It was late in the evening of April 8 this year when I attempted to send a message to Sir Pocholo De Leon Gonzales who is widely known for his pseudonym "the Voice Master" who happens to be a native of Mariveles where I am living up to now. I bravely expressed my intention and interest to join the CVAP and he encouraged me to send a short video stating the reason why I want to join, what are my expectations and what will I do next after the short course. Sadly, I was tested positive for CoViD-19 and it took me less than a month to recover. I was not able to do some follow-ups as to how and when I will be joining the training. I almost forget that once in my life, I experienced enrolling in a short course since the present pandemic has brought a lot of chaos in all aspects of our existence. Being part of the 9th batch and being chosen as one of the scholars is undeniably such a blessing to me. After waiting for four months long, here I am now attending the first day of our session. I am grateful beyond words because of the light approach (except for the bulk of assignments! Hahhhaha!) of the officers as they share their thoughts about the undertaking. I would like to take this rare chance to express my thanks to sir "Choy" Pocholo Gonzales for trusting and giving me the opportunity to improve myself through this Certified Voice Artist Program.
I used to be a trainer-coach in Script Production and Radio Broadcast Simulation and other writing categories in our school and in other divisions under the Department of Education but I truly believe that I also need to unlearn and relearn things as to how I will improve what I already possess.
During my early years as a student, I encountered joining in sports like track and field, TaekWonDo, volleyball, and I experienced joining a  choir playing the voice tenor, and I also joined various writing competitions but I consider joining CVAP as a one-of-a-kind experience.
Aside from learning new things, CVAP will surely be an avenue for all of us to widen our horizons and gain new friends and we'll continue to inspire each other, and most of all, be an inspiration to others.

Popular posts from this blog

My Reaction on Sir Danny "Ama" Mandia's Talk

My 2nd Day in CVAP